Under the guidance of the Director of Sustainability, support sustainability efforts in integrating sustainability into the Campus, Curriculum, and Community. Specifically work on projects and policy related to Campus initiatives – for example resources conservation, material flows, and buildings and grounds – and the associated community outreach efforts. Additionally support Education for Sustainability curriculum efforts such as lesson development, lesson delivery, and related youth mentorship.
- Willingness and ability to take initiative
- Flexibility and an ability to continuously reflect and improve
- Ability to provide a consistent, professional, positive adult relationship to the youth we serve
- Ability to serve in diverse communities, and as part of a team
- Solid oral and written communication skills
- Strong program coordination skills
- Experience working with high school youth
- Proficient computer skills – for example Microsoft Office, Google Docs, social media, etc.
- Experience with workshop/lesson planning, curriculum tailoring, and comfort with facilitation
- Passionate about sustainability related topics and issues
- Access to reliable transportation (public transportation or personal transport) to travel to/from the School Site
- Successful completion of TB test, health screen, and Live Scan/fingerprinting (upon hire)
- U.S. citizen or lawful permanent residence