Enjoy working with kids? Indulge your inner child and become a Children's Activity Provider!
STAND! is dedicated to working with individuals, families and the community in ending domestic violence and child abuse and in rebuilding lives. As a Children's Activity Provider, you will lead activities, play games, read, tell stories and sing songs with the children while also providing a safe and orderly environment for them to interact in.
- Provide childcare while their parents attend appointments, parenting class, or support groups
- Plan games and activities that emphasize safety, security, and trust to serve the developmental needs of the children
- Encourage language skills through reading, telling stories, and singing songs with the children
- Teach children to play collaboratively with other children
- Maintain a safe, planned and orderly environment that is conducive to the intellectual, social, emotional, and physical needs of the children
- Complete our 40-hour Domestic Violence Counselor training
- Undergo background check and fingerprinting process
- CPR/First Aid required at some locations
Hours and Time:
- 1.5 – 2 hours per week, flexible shifts available
- Obtain experience working with kids of all ages
- Develop supervision skills and teaching abilities
- Develop and implement your own enrichment activities
- Interrupt the cycle of violence and help children exposed to trauma develop healthy attachments