Are you a good listener? Do you remain calm under pressure? Do you enjoy connecting those in need with helpful resources? Our crisis line provides immediate assistance and resources to families experiencing violence. Answer incoming client calls, provide peer counseling, advocacy and resources through the phone and in person to clients on site.
- Answer incoming client calls to the crisis line.
- Provide peer counseling, safety planning, advocacy, and resources via phone and/or in person.
- Respond to police and hospital calls to provide services to potential clients upon request.
- Maintain database with accurate demographic information.
- Secondary tasks: help transport clients to/from motels, BART, bus stations, shelter, medical, or legal appointments.
- Occasional light administrative work, office maintenance, donation organizing, shelter room preparation, etc. in absence of calls.
- Complete our 40 Hour Domestic Violence Certification Training
- At least 4 hours per week for a minimum of one year. Shifts are available 24/7.
- Commit to 1 year of partnership with us
- Undergo background check and fingerprinting process.
- Learn effective communication, peer counseling and active listening skills
- Build on your peer counseling, crisis response, and violence prevention work experience
- Provide help to those in crisis and create safer options in their lives
- Help us eliminate the multi-generational cycle of violence in Contra Costa!