CILSA's SALT Leaders Program is seeking Program Coordinators to support our campus efforts to raise awareness around social justice issues and serve the local commmunity! During the 2015-2016 year we will focus on creating awareness and events around Health & Poverty, Learning/Education, and the Arts
As a Program Coordinator you'll work closely with a SALT Campus Leader to coordinate and facilitate events around one of the above issues. In this role you'll gain valuable and transferable leadership skills. Transportation and materials are provided for all roles off-site.
Program Coordinators will provide support for the implementaton of events,programming or projects in one of the following areas:
HEALTH (1-3 coordinators)
- World AIDS Day (in collaboration with other campus departments)
- Monthly Health Theme Promotion or Events (when schedule permits)
- Collaboration with other campus departments (e.g. WRC and HWC for health related campus events
- Utilize http://www.povertyusa.org/ for ideas on campus awareness and action initiative
- Support with the 9th annualRun/Walk 4 Hunger Event (April event in collaboration with the Health and Wellness Center)
- Oakland Youth Aspire Programming West Oakland 2nd and 4th Saturdays of each month leading educational activities with youth; 4 hours. Transportation and materials provided.
- Mentor middle school aged youth at De La Salle Academy in Concord 1 day a week; 2 hours. Transportation and materials provided
- Provide tutoring assistance at the Community Youth Center in Concord 1day a week; 2-3 hours. Transportation and materials provided
MUSIC AND ARTS EDUCATION (3-5 coordinators)
The MUSIC AND ARTS JUSTICE Program Coordinators will serve approximately 2-4 hours a month during the academic year implementing music or art programming during the after-school hours at De La Salle Academy in Concord. Programming this past year has included liturgy, art, and music circles. All skill levels are encouraged to participate. Transportation and materials provided
Program Coordinators are non-paid positions and have a time comittment of approximately 4-8 hours a month. Please stop by the CILSA "Fishbowl" across from the ATM or come to 203 Ferroggiaro Hall to learn more about this opportunity. You can also sign up for a role at the 15-16 Involvement Fairs in September and February!